2024 SWE Wisconsin Scholarship Application
Scholarship value minimum of $1,000 depending on fundraising.
Application deadline January 31, 2024.
Completed applications are due by January 31, 2024. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- Full-time undergraduate college students, sophomore (second year of college) standing or higher, graduating after December 31, 2024.
- Female or identify as female,
- Pursuing an engineering degree at one of the following ABET-accredited, 4-year colleges in Wisconsin or the Upper Peninsula of Michigan:
- Lake Superior State University
- Marquette University
- Michigan Technological University
- Milwaukee School of Engineering
- Northern Michigan University
- University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire (materials science & engineering)
- University of Wisconsin – Green Bay (mechanical engineering)
- University of Wisconsin – Madison
- University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
- University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh
- University of Wisconsin – Platteville
- University of Wisconsin – River Falls (agricultural engineering)
- University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point
- University of Wisconsin – Stout
Awarded scholarship funds will be paid directly to the college and must be applied to college tuition,
fees, books, or equivalent.
Previous SWE-WI scholarship recipients are not eligible. SWE membership is not required.
Send questions or comments to: email@example.com
Application found online at https://forms.gle/xBdbKzpYwMaSE2cZ9
About – Martha Maxwell Scholarship Fund
For those who knew her, Martha Maxwell was a fun-loving enthusiast who loved to make light of any situation. She was passionate about SWE and loved to share her passion with young women starting out in the engineering field. Martha’s career took her through industrial engineering and manufacturing roles, most recently as a Project Engineer in the Advanced Manufacturing department at Rockwell Automation. She also was an active member of SWE-WI for many years, and served in numerous leadership positions, most recently as Section Representative. In August 2012, Martha passed away after a battle with cancer.
To honor Martha’s memory and continue fostering her excitement about engineering, math, and science for young girls and women, SWE-WI has created a memorial scholarship fund in Martha Maxwell’s name. The goal is to raise funds for $1000 scholarship will be awarded to SWE collegiate members attending school in Wisconsin or the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
Donations to the Martha Maxwell Memorial Scholarship are accepted via check or PayPal. Any questions can be directed to the SWE-WI Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support SWE Wisconsin Scholarships
The recommended levels are:
- $1,000 or higher = Platinum Level
- $500 – $999 = Gold Level
- $200 – $499 = Silver Level
- $50 – $199 = Bronze Level
- $49 or less = Friend Level
Contact Us to request an invoice or if you have any questions.
*Donations are tax deductible